As of April 2018, CITB launched a new training model which consists of three parts:
- Construction Training Directory: Employers can search for training that is grant supported by CITB quality assured training provider.
- Construction Training Register: Online database allowing employers to search records of employees to check skills and manage training
- New grant scheme and automated payment
HR Training are an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) with CITB, meaning that training delivered by ourselves and those that appear on the directory will be paid directly into your account. You must have informed the CITB of your bank details and we require your CITB Levy registration number to process.
As this is a new system, courses are being added in phases meaning that not all courses are appearing on the Directory and therefore payment won’t be automatic. So during this transitional period we are advising you to claim directly – as we wouldn’t want you to miss any grant!
You will need to sign up to CITB grants online and create an account to access the grant, whilst the system is embedded.
New Grant Scheme
Grants for approved short duration courses are now upon achievement and set in tiers:
- Tier 1 is £30
- Tier 2 is £70
- Tier 3 is £120
- NVQ grants are now
- £600 for a full qualification
- £300 for a unit
- Plant training is £120
- CPCS Theory and Practical Tests remain the same
For further information please refer to the CITB website.