Our services may include (without limitation) audio visual content, text, photographs, advertising and other product sales which we may offer on our website or media platforms which, for example, may enable you to view our content over a mobile or wi-fi network (the "Services"). This policy covers all of these Services (but not limited to) and any reference to "you" or "your", means you as a user of our Services. This policy applies to the collection and use of your information by us and parties that we authorise (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors).
How we collect your information
When you access the website via any means, use the content, register, make an enquiry, correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise, or make a purchase through the website, we may collect, store and use certain of your personal information in line with this policy.
What information we collect
To book an open course, we ask for your name, company name, address, telephone number and email address. We may also ask you about you or your delegates' date of birth, national insurance number and qualifications to understand more about you/them (depending on the course you wish to undertake). When you make a purchase, our payment service provider (WorldPay) will also collect and process your credit card or other payment details. This data is held and processed in accordance with the PCI-DSS regulations. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
For online courses, we ask for your name, company name, telephone number and email address. We will also store the results of your course. When you make a purchase, our payment service provider (PayPal) will also collect and process your credit card or other payment details. This data is held and processed in accordance with the PCI-DSS regulations. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
For the qualification reminder system, we ask for name, email address, date of birth and qualifications (including when they expire) for either yourself or your employees.
We may also collect data relating to your visits to the website that records your use of our website and content including, but not limited to details of how long you have used the website, on which browser/device type and content.
We may also collect your computer's IP address to help us tailor the service to your location.
How we use of your information
We use your information for many purposes, including:
- To fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us;
- To send you course-specific email notifications and updates about courses you are enrolled on;
- In order to provide third party goods or services available through our website, including (but not limited to) confirmation of the courses you have participated in and/or the award you have achieved as a result (if applicable) for accreditation purposes
- Analyse your website behaviour;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To allow you to use the full range of features on or via our website;
- Target our online advertising to your interests and preferences;
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of our online content and marketing;
- To contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions and experiences of HR Training and Development Limited;
- If you have paid to take part in a course, to send you details of our other products and services which we think may interest you, unless you opt out;
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the website and content we offer, including by conducting anonymised market research; and
- To provide you with reminders for when qualifications expire when using the qualification reminder system.
Generally, we will only send you marketing messages where you indicate that you consent (e.g. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we may:
- Send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing, new services and special offers from us;
- Send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties from other businesses within HR Training and Development Ltd that may be of interest to you; and
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the "unsubscribe", "stop" or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at email@example.com stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
We will not pass your personal information on to third parties outside of HR Training and Development Limited.
Storage of Information
The information we collect from you is stored on our secure servers, on our computer systems and in hardcopy manual files.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Legal basis for processing your information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to fulfil a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to fulfil a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Is personal information shared?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties when permitted by law including:
- with your consent;
- to our suppliers for them to help us provide our services to you, this includes:
- Partner institutions that provide course content;
- Our payment services provider when you make a purchase to process your payment; and
- providers of assessments and marking services when you sign-up for an assessment or submit a piece of work for marking.
These suppliers’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites, and which we suggest you familiarise yourself with in the relevant circumstances set out above.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not store your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes of processing. This means after we process your personal information, we will securely destroy your personal information from our records.
In line with GDPR guidance, we will only further retain your personal information for a regulatory, legal or a specific business purpose.
Our data retention periods will differ from service to service, dependent on the type of data and the purposes of processing. If you require specific retention schedules for your personal information, please contact us using the contact details further on in this Notice.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to access your personal data, you can request a copy of the data we are processing/storing on you at any time and we will send you a copy free of charge.
- You can edit your personal details whenever you wish, you just need to contact us via email or phone, both are listed in the Contact Details below. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You may unsubscribe from certain email communications by following the Unsubscribe link in the email communication itself. You may also update your personal information by logging into the website and visiting the account page. You may also email us at email@example.com in order to request to, correct, delete or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us using the information provided below.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.